Sunday, February 3, 2008

goodday mate

hello sweet people.
Well, i've decided that if we wait to write about fiji before writing about whats happening now, we will ever write ever again... so, when we do get around to fiji I think it will just be some photo's and commentry.
We are in Sydney, city of villages, as they call it (because it is huge and sprawling, but every suburb is like a village on its own accord). We have started looking for jobs, mostly on cruis ships for now ( we thought it might be interesting, and pay well) and are strating to keep an eye out for apartments too (in Newtown, the university suburb... I guess we will never become real grown ups!!!) Pietro comments: "yvonne you dweeb, you havnt even been to university yet, what are you on about!!!"
For now we are just hanging around in jenny and tony's house, we go to sydney in the afternoon, get baked in the sun, see somw more interesting things, and the usually go out with either jemma or stewart... they kinda take turns entertaining us ;oP
We are having a great time, and the thought of work is actually quite distressing, but we have promised ourselves (and jenny) that we will find a job before the end of this week (although jenny continues to insist that there is no rush... i think its best we get a move on or we might just get too comfortable!!!)

Dad, well done, you must have got all the people you know to check out the blog... or you just dont have enough to do... anyway, i now definatly know where my competitiveness comes from!!! So Denmark wins the January race with a stunning 51.9% with Italy comeing up second with 22,7 and thrid is the USA with 12.07%. Iceland Im afraid is in fourth place with only 5%, sorry mum.

anyway, love you all... dad, my stomach is now getting quite big, leti dont be too jealous, these things happen, pietro has told me that he doesnt care, he still wont marry me, so you can still do that first ;o)

think of us as we search for jobs and an apartment

P.S. they have a lot of british food here, like marmite, baked beans and lots of tea!!!!! I feel very much at home (they also have the queen on their very plastic like money, which by the way you can wash in the washingmachine and it doesnt get ruined!!!!!!!)

Yvonne

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

P€, ti sentia casa con tutta una anzione che dice rubbish?

Anonymous said...

Per essere perfetti dovrebbero dire "BUTTALO NI' RUBBISH"

Unknown said...

pull...flusssh. puuulll......fffllluuussshhh

Dóra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dóra said...

For your information, "getting baked in the sun" could easily be misconstrued. Just ask your local aussy pothead what he does to get baked. Anyways, the thought of you guys just lazing around in the sun whilst I'm over here working hard and freezing my bloody ass off just pisses me off slightly :p No, I'm happy for you. Really, I am. I'm exstatic. Over and out.

Anonymous said...

I know, to begin with I just wrote " we are baked" but then i realised and tried to fix it slighlty... oh well. Dont worry dora, we will be workig pretty soon and trying to find an apartment is hard work too

Dóra said...

I know. I'm just jealous. I nearly broke my neck this morning as I skid accross the icy street on my way to work this morning. Anyways, I came accross an interesting interview with Rhodes Scholar Naomi Wolf on youtube. This is important stuff, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0LvtQAQ6sc

Anonymous said...

It´s great to read your blog and see what you are living, and you should be enjoying every minute because before long the cooler parts of the world will be calling you. In fact, they are already calling, sending out letters of acceptance into universities! Oh yes. Read your e-mail and find out which university was the first one. They need a reply within the next nine days.....

lots of love
mom