Friday, December 14, 2007

more chicago

Well, there is a reason for the not so chatty pietro... we have been here for about 4 days now (I think, my sense of time is kinda out of wack by now) and we havnt really seen or done that much, for two reasons... one, I think the travelling is starting to catch up with us and we are getting a bit tired of always being out all day, (or maybe we are just lazy... I like to think of it as us being tired). and the second is because now we are starting the part of our journey that includes couch surfing (and therefore finding people to let us sleep on their couches) and hotels (for christmas... I dont think its nice to ask people to stay at their jouse for christmas), and so we have to spend a lot of time on the internet sending e-mails and searching for sheap deals (one of which is "hooters" in Las Vegas... only $27 per night)... I say we, but really I mean pietro, while I sat around trying not to get too bored, and watching loads of TV (simona... I just saw an episode of Smallville in which chloe can heal people with her hands, Lana and Clark kiss and Lex has cloned his dead younger brother!!!!!... I think I may have missed something!!!)

But we have done a few things... we saw the millenium park with the huge steel bean... ok I tried to download the photo of it... but I think my downloading all the heroes and greys anatomy episodes (obviuosly only for bus rides!!!!) has kinda filled up pietro's computer... so now with only 200Mb to spare it is freaking out just a little bit... anyway, who needs pictures right?!!!!

So another thing we did was go see the free chicago zoo!!!!! it was great!!! one of the few zoo's i've ever been to (if you dont count the farm animals zoo in Iceland... which of course is very interesting... but gets a bit old!!!), we saw loads of cool animals that i've never heard of before (one of which was a strange mix between a small kangaroo and a goat!!!!!!!) and some that I thought only existed in kids books... like an armadillo, and an ant eater.

We went to a Bulls game!!!!!! (chicagi bulls NBA for those of you who dont know... shame on you!!!) It was really cool!!!!!!! a bit scary though... it was exactly like in the movies and in the halftimes they had music, and performances, and half naked cheerleaders... and fireworks and stuff... and because the bulls won (amazing!!!!!) with more than 100 points we all got offered a free Big Mac (which me and pietro kindly donated to a bum this morning... he didnt seem too impressed!!!)

We also whent to the sears tower today!!!!!!!! How cool, the only just not the tallest building in the world!!!!!! anyway, after seeing a really long film on the amazingness of the building, and after putting all our metal objects on the tray, and please walking through the metal detector (which by the way they do fucking everywhere!!!!!!!! next thing you know and they will be asking you to do it when you go to the supermarket!!!!!!!) we finally get up to the top floor (110) and WOW!!!!!!!! FOG!!!!!!!!!! we could see at least 3 cm in front of the glass!!!!!! it was amazing!!!!!!!!! actually, no, I lie... we could see the street below... but only just!!!! so anyway, for our $13 a piece we got to see some splendid chicagan fog!!!!! what a deal... to make ourselves feel better we whent shopping (well, I whent shopping and the boys very kindly pretended not to be too bored), but i didnt get anything because the whole time I was thinking "no, I cant shop for me, I have to get presents... and anyway I have no space" obviuosly I didnt get any presents either coz I just couldnt find the "right one" although according to all the adds all over the place every store has "the perfect thing for christmas"... I guess it must be me, sorry guys!!! oh and we also found out that it costs about $90 to send a package to Italy from here... who knows how much it costs to iceland... the thought scares me!!!!!

anyway, gotta go, we have decided to venture out into the chicagen nightlife, searching for a bar that will let me in (damn stupid drinking limit law!!!!!!!!)
love you all... we will try to put some photo's as soon as we can

Yvonne

P.S. dad, your Italian was great!!!!! we didnt understand anything but way to go instant internet translator!!!!!! 

5 comments:

Dóra said...

That's a sorry excuse for not sending me a prezzie! There's a storm on the prowl on the southwest coast of Iceland. Part of the Austurbæjarskóli roof was torn off and thrown about and tree's lie supine. 13 raindeer were run over yesterday morning in the highlands, Santa is missing. We hope he is well. We hope you are well. Over and out from Coocoo land.

Anonymous said...

Non avete capito!! Sono scosso, non queste cose funziono, amore non buono a voi tutto, sole di naa forse sto lucidando qui ed il relativo piacevole e scaldo, devo ricordarsi di comprare i presenti a tutti i miei capretti tranne Yvonne XX

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene
I thought i would leave you a message here since I am here anyway, Where are you, when do you get back and what do you want for Christmas,,, I do have an idea but just checking with you first,, oh and why is it so difficult to keep uo with my daughter whereabouts??

XXX

Anonymous said...

I mitici Chicago BULLS!!! questo è troppo! Ve la godete eh!!
couch surfing is not the right sport for world-runner like you.
Consider to do as much as you can now. it will not last in eternity!!!

Ciao belli giramondo.

Unknown said...

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH

Il Chicago Stadium, anzi lo United Center!!!!!


Il campo dei Bulls....


OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH


Ividia, tanta invidia